Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I Did It!

I can't believe it, Folks, but I actually canceled my account on Facebook! Why? You may ask. It's a terrific tool for networking, for finding long lost friends, and for keeping in touch. So what was the problem? I was addicted, for one. I felt compelled to check it often throughout the day, when my time would have been better spent doing things that I really should have been doing. However, when I began to feel the urge to check the site while waiting in traffic, I knew it was time to let go. Yes, I admit it. I was a Facebook junkie!

So, now that I have pulled the plug, it will be interesting to see how well I fill my time, and how well I keep in touch with those I care about - which include all of my Facebook Friends. Let's hope that I can restructure and re-prioritize so that I may slow my pace just a bit and get on with the business of living instead of frantically trying to keep up with the daily doings on FB. Oh boy! I can feel the jitters already! :-) I'm hoping my FB friends will not forget me and will tune into my blog regularly.

I look forward to hearing from you!

4 comments:

  1. She's breaking, she's breaking... I can see the sweat bead on her upper lip...

    If you were gonna check FB while in traffic, I'm glad you gave it up, although now I'm going to have to email you with some of the funny quips I make, like...

    "I don't know if this means anything, but I dreamed last night that the hair on my calves were a hideous dark brown as thick as fur, and for some reason it wouldn't shave off. I couldn't get rid of it. When I woke up, I found my cat laying on my legs." Someone noted that he was glad I didn't shave my cat...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahahaha! See what I am missing?

    It's been difficult, but so far so good. Three days without Facebook. Well, okay, two and a half days! It helps that I am working....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guess I must be going through withdrawal. I can't remember my login or password for Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And true to my expectations, I hardly hear from you anymore. :(

    ReplyDelete