Monday, April 26, 2010

Holy Cow! I can't believe it has been so long since I've added to my blog! Things have been incredibly busy, as I'm sure they have been for most of you. It's a full time job just trying to survive these tough economic times!

UPDATE: Bear was found! He went to PAWS Animal Shelter and they found him a great new home within two weeks! Though I have no way to contact his new owners, they were kind enough to call me and let me know he had a forever home with home with them. I couldn't be happier for the little guy!

HELP! Since things have been so difficult financially for so many people, I am asking you all to please write in with ideas on how to save money. We could all benefit from things you may be doing to save money or make extra cash.

My money saving info for today is: Aluminum has gone up in price, so save those cans (most cat food cans are also made of aluminum, BTW) and cash them in! A penny saved is a penny earned! Click on "comments" below this article to add yours or view ideas from others.

5 comments:

  1. Bottled water…are you kidding me! Purchase a filer for your faucet and it will be as pure as any Spring Water you will be in a bottle. Then purchase several reusable plastic containers that will fit in your car drink container per family member. Always have them filled and in the refrigerator closest to the car. This has saved my family on the average 2 bottles per person or 8 bottles per day. It also saves on the environment with many of the plastic containers ending up in the landfill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only use half a bottle of hair dye for root touch ups (more than enough)and save half of each unmixed solution till next time. I store in a sealed container and by doing so have halved my hair coloring costs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At restaurants, order water with lemon and save 20%-30% on your luncheon tab versus ordering iced tea. If you’re afraid to drink the water served at the restaurant, consider that they are preparing the food in the same water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have an electric oven/range. When I'm baking biscuits/reheating casserole/broiling something, I'll shut the oven off a few minutes early and let things sit in the closed oven a few minutes past the timer alarm. The oven elements stay hot long after the power is off and will easily finish up the cooking/heating process. Doing this five times equates to not baking a 25-minute session or two batches of cookies! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this idea! Very good!

    ReplyDelete